Canvas Kaltura - Embed a video in a page
From Diane Lee
Updates: The Kaltura icon has now been changed to a film icon. While the Canvas interface has slightly changed, the processes are the same.
- Go to your course Modules
- Click the + for the module you wish to add the video
- Select Content Page > New page, give the page a title, and Add Item
- Click Edit and then click the Film icon
- The first time you click on “My Media” or “Media Gallery,” you will be prompted to Authorize the Kaltura application. It is perfectly safe to click the blue Log In button.
- You will now be in your Kaltura My Media (which is common with your My Media on GSB Media),
- if the video is already in your My Media, use the Select button to add it to the page, then save the page (and publish, if desired).
- If you wish to upload a new video to My Media, click Add New > Media Upload > + Choose a File to Upload
- After media is added, you will be prompted to add a Name, Description, and Tags for the item, Save, and go Back to Browse and Embed.
- Finally, use the Select button to add it to the page, then save the page (and publish, if desired).